> Operations & Logistics Manager
Operations & Logistics Manager
This is a unique opportunity to establish a new management role within a highly innovative and creative STEM environment. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in operations or marketing project management and will report to the Director of Operations. Responsibilities include maintaining and creating systems to track supplies, resources, and technology, and managing internal project timelines from inception through execution. Self-starters and those that can juggle multiple projects and priorities will succeed and thrive in this position. We are looking for someone with high energy and the ability to execute multiple plans simultaneously.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Project management and planning with the creation of dynamic timelines ensuring timely execution of project and program deliverables
· Using an inventory management system to track supplies, equipment, and technology ensuring equipment and supplies are in stock, available, and functional for staff and educator use
· Overseeing the logistics of shipping and storing supplies and equipment for all outreach programs, in-house events, summer camps, and after school club programs
· Identifying and escalating any major roadblocks or risk factors to the team leads and working collaboratively to quickly resolve any issues
· Helping promote a positive, solution-oriented work environment
· Leading external client relations
Requirements or Key Qualifications
· 3-5 years of professional experience in operations, marketing, or relevant work experience
· Ability to work in a flexible, changing environment often under tight deadlines
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Project management experience including the use of project management systems
· Exhibit strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, is well-organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Self-starter with out-of-the box problem solving skills
· Ability to oversee a high volume of projects at the same time and understanding how and when to prioritize, delegate, and escalate moving parts
· Internal team management experience, including partnering with education, operations and creative teams to align project schedules and deliverable timelines
· Desire to be part of a dynamic, growing team and the drive and ability to learn quickly
About the Science Mill
The Science Mill, located in Johnson City, TX, is a nonprofit STEM science center. With innovative and interactive exhibits and programs, the Science Mill helps students expand their understanding of science, sparks curiosity, and inspires them to pursue careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. As a small organization operating in a very dynamic environment, flexibility and teamwork is required. The team works collaboratively to ensure organizational success. This is a full-time position that must be performed on-site in Johnson City, TX usually Monday- Friday, but occasional weekend days are required by all staff.
Salary range is commensurate with experience and includes medical, vision, and dental insurance benefits. To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
> Exhibit Explainer
Science Mill Museum – Johnson City, TX 78636
The Science Mill, a STEM science museum located in Johnson City, TX is seeking energetic, hard-working individuals to join our team as Exhibit Explainers. Explainers actively engage with museum visitors of all ages to encourage hands-on learning and exploration of the exhibits throughout the museum. The ideal candidate would be interested in pursuing a career in teaching, science, technology, and/or working with or around children.
Part-time schedule 4-6 hours a day over 3-5 days a week, weekend availability a must. School holiday availability required with some flexibility. Exhibit Explainers will be required to move throughout the museum floor for extended periods of time.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Providing the highest standard of customer service to museum visitors.
Explaining STEM exhibits to guide exploration for kids of all ages as well as adults.
Turning on exhibits and preparing the museum for the day; turning off exhibits and cleaning museum public spaces at close.
Exhibit troubleshooting, light maintenance, and problem solving as needed.
Positive, professional attitude and strong communication skills – enthusiastic extroverts wanted!
Self-starter with an interest in teaching, science, technology, engineering, art, and/or math.
Willingness to learn new skills and help teach visitors about our unique exhibits.
Ability to multi-task, work hard, and be a team player.
Strong attention to detail a must.
Part-time weekday, weekend, and holiday availability.
Previous experience not required. Onsite training will be provided.
Previous customer service or hospitality experience a plus!
To apply, please send letter of interest or resume to email@example.com.